Saturday, March 22, 2008

Writing During March Break

It is kind of late for this post, but I do think that an account of my march-break writing deserves to be posted. During March Break I would write literally whenever I could. For the five day time span I probably wrote about three pages a day: about a total of 3100 words. On some days I'd write 5 pages a day. Book 5 ballooned from 14 pages to 30 pages and I finally finished writing book 3. On the weekends of march break I wrote even more.
Having long stretches of time off is good for my scheduel. I have nothing to do on some days and could write literally all day if my creative spark endured. It is possible to wake up, eat, write, take a break, then write some more. There was one day where I only got three hours of sleep (I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 5am) I didn't write for the whole of that day but I finshed about 4 pages of book 3.
Am I an insomniac? Probably. I hate sleeping. I try and get the bare minimun of bedtime hours, especially on weekends. The idea is that if I sleep less on weekends then I'll have more weekend to enjoy myself and more potential hours to write. I have to get enough sleep so I can get to work or school, that goes without saying, but when I haven't any responsibilities to see to other than writing my books I am adamant in my desire to get as few Zs as possible and during March Break that was very obvious. The only downside is my daylight hours sometimes are hit with fits of crushing fatigue, the kind where keeping one's eyes open is an impossibility.
Today, though, I won't be doing any writing. My creative spark needs kindling. I'm just going to go to work and read some books.

No comments: