Thursday, January 3, 2008

All about one of my characters: Anarasorian (Evolution)

Anar has a short and simple name. I cannot remember how I came up with it and it means very little. Many of the characters in my writings are "recycled" from D&D games, other stories which I have scribled down and then lost over the years and other places. Anar is one such person.
Originally a boy of 16, I aged him up to 20 in order to make his heroism a bit more realistic since I did not want a godlike child soldiers beating up on the enemy as is all too common in works by such names as JK Rowling, Philip Pullman, C.S Lewis and Brian Jacques. Even 20 seemed a bit old for him and I cut it down to the bare minimum of 19. He was recycled from a pervious story of about 100 pages of handwriting which I haven't read. This little story, known as Halfscore, forged the foundations for what I am working on now. His original last name was Engeel which became the name of one of his brothers and Viex replaced it. He has no description in Halfscore and thus his current look did not evolve from anything the way Rook's did. The concept of the Anar character has come some ways.
He was intended to be some godlike individual, a concept discarded. The idea is that nothing he accomplishes is due to destiny or inheritance, he has to work to become a hero (inspirational message?)

No comments: